Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW FOR 2009: Zendrum Z4 Series  (Read 18264 times)

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: NEW FOR 2009: Zendrum Z4 Series
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 02:27:47 PM »

Hey 109,

I am coming over to get my upgrade. Do I need to bring my screw driver?     :)
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »

Hold your Horses Doc, and keep the screwdriver in the toolbox!

June 1 June 1 June 1 June 1 June 1 June 1 June 1 and also June 1.

We announced the Z4 series on May 1 because it still takes approx. 30 days to carve, sand, spray, dry, buff, final assemble, test, document, photograph, and ship a new instrument order.
Z4 retrofit orders will be available after June 1.
Did I mention June 1?
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Badger

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »

David,

When will the retrofits be ready? (Sorry, smartass that I am, I couldn't stop myself)

I'm glad to see the new board is finally happening, as I know you are. However, I may wait a bit to find out what other features may be added later because, though the increased sensitivity sounds wonderful, I'm happy with the way my LT plays now. And the the fact that I just use it at home in the studio means I don't really need channel-per-trigger capability. But I know from things we've talked about, that other capabilities will be possible at a later date, and some of those really interest me.

I'll be closely watching how things go and will jump when the time is right for me.

Congrats on this new move into future prosperity! I'm sure you've excited a lot of Zendrummers out here.

Jeff

eduardoc

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

Hi David:

I received my zendrum xt in Barcelona - Spain last week and now looking at the web zendrum I learn the news of the new Z4, but I do not understand why nobody has said anything about this news before sending the XT, I could have waited until June and could have an xt with the new Z4 and not with the old 3.0 ......,

I do not understand why I have not been informed of this before you send me the XT ......, you know that I'm in Europe .....

I wanted to know if you can send me to Barcelona for the Z4 and I wil make the change to Z4 with your instructions, I will not send again xt again to USA of course ......

I want to know how much money should I pay for it, if possible answer me here ok.
I leave my email to tell me in private if necessary:   eduardobarcelona@hotmail.com

Anything else, I would like to ask if I can use a drum pad Roland KD-8, when I connect the KD-8 trigger input to the foot and it is impossible to use it, must be given with a hammer .., how can I control the sensitivity?

Regards from Barcelona Spain and apologize for my English writing.

Eduardo Cabral

duojet

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »

David,

When will the retrofits be ready? (Sorry, smartass that I am, I couldn't stop myself)

I'm glad to see the new board is finally happening, as I know you are. However, I may wait a bit to find out what other features may be added later because, though the increased sensitivity sounds wonderful, I'm happy with the way my LT plays now. And the the fact that I just use it at home in the studio means I don't really need channel-per-trigger capability. But I know from things we've talked about, that other capabilities will be possible at a later date, and some of those really interest me.

I'll be closely watching how things go and will jump when the time is right for me.

Congrats on this new move into future prosperity! I'm sure you've excited a lot of Zendrummers out here.

Jeff

i feel somewhat the same. i would love to be able to see some videos demonstrating the differences on two different zendrums, one with the old board and one with the new. it's impossible to get a feel for the improvement in sensitivity without some sort of demo.

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »

Duo,
I agree.
Videos will help.
I've asked John Emrich to shoot some comparison tech video because he has both.

In this situation, coming up with descriptive words and specs can't possibly do it justice.
My goal was to announce the retrofit at the same time as the new instrument model so nobody would feel left out of the progress we've made. All these things will be taken care of as soon as the info comes out. Give us a minute to respond to your requests- we're wearing ALL the hats, here.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »

Hi David:

I received my zendrum xt in Barcelona - Spain last week and now looking at the web zendrum I learn the news of the new Z4, but I do not understand why nobody has said anything about this news before sending the XT, I could have waited until June and could have an xt with the new Z4 and not with the old 3.0 ......,

I do not understand why I have not been informed of this before you send me the XT ......, you know that I'm in Europe .....

I wanted to know if you can send me to Barcelona for the Z4 and I wil make the change to Z4 with your instructions, I will not send again xt again to USA of course ......

I want to know how much money should I pay for it, if possible answer me here ok.
I leave my email to tell me in private if necessary:   eduardobarcelona@hotmail.com

Anything else, I would like to ask if I can use a drum pad Roland KD-8, when I connect the KD-8 trigger input to the foot and it is impossible to use it, must be given with a hammer .., how can I control the sensitivity?

Regards from Barcelona Spain and apologize for my English writing.

Eduardo Cabral

Hey Eduardo, Glad we could sort things out together in a way that is satisfactory to both of us!

Not sure about the Roland kick trigger sensitivity issue yet.
Those pedals are pretty low output compared to the FAT pedal from Alternate Mode.
That's the one pedal that most resembles the output of the Zendrum triggers.
I'll ask our engineer if this is something we could scale the pedal velocity now with the Z4 to match for compatibility.
Until then, go into the Roland Module's Kick pedal input first, not DI into the Zendrum.
Hope this helps!
Thanks,
David

David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

eduardoc

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »

Hi David:

Thank you very much, I am happy with your answer and we have solved satisfactorily for both of us...

On the subject of the drum pedal I hope if I could use with the Z4 with roland, but if not no problem, I will buy a FAT pedal from Alternate Mode and ready....

Thank you very much again for your answer.

Eduardo

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »

Hey Everybody,
I've been getting my Zendrum ready to test the Z4 circuitboard in final preparation for release.
Needed to test every possible trigger input and 1/4" jack, so I thought:
"Why not just GO FOR IT?"

Here is my new layout.
(now all I have to do is start all over learning to play my Zendrum again!!!)
Uh, oh...

Enjoy the photos.
I can't wait...
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Tom Roady

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »

LOOKS PRETTY COOL DAVE....I'LL BE DOWN SOON TO DROP THE LACEWOOD OFF FIRST!!!

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »

Hey Mayor,
Thank you!
This brings up a very important point-

Tom Roady's Lacewood ZX Zendrum was carved in 1994.
It is still a very beautiful piece of work and will benefit greatly from this Z4 new upgrade.
Zendrums are really BUILT TO LAST A LIFETIME.
...See?

Thanks for all your help with our Z4 prototype testing, TOM!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Tom Roady

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 08:42:25 AM »

I love you man! "the mayor"

camcojunky

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »

Is there a list of tested programs that the new board will enable the Zendrum to control directly? You have mentioned Ableton as one; I am assuming BFD will continue to be supported. Any others tested yet?

Is the information available on the circuitry functions to software developers/sound designers so that new samples/libraries can be configured for maximum compatibility with the ZD?

Are the two optional 1/4 jacks (CC controllers) assignable to any CC MIDI function?

Does this new board ship with the 4.1 software that was mentioned? And are future software updates downloadable, or will they require shipping the instrument back again?

Thanks

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »

Is there a list of tested programs that the new board will enable the Zendrum to control directly? You have mentioned Ableton as one; I am assuming BFD will continue to be supported. Any others tested yet?
There is not a software compatibility list yet, but it's coming.
We consulted with people who manufacture and use these programs extensively before we wrote code.
We think we have a lot of their "issues" handled now...

Is the information available on the circuitry functions to software developers/sound designers so that new samples/libraries can be configured for maximum compatibility with the ZD?
There will be better documentation and manual rewrites are in process, so watch out for Zendrum addendum's.

Are the two optional 1/4 jacks (CC controllers) assignable to any CC MIDI function?
Yes

Does this new board ship with the 4.1 software that was mentioned?Yes And are future software updates downloadable,No, or will they require shipping the instrument back again?Yes

Yes we have plans on the drawing board for the future.
No, we don't have a clue when we'll be able to get the development accomplished.
Hopefully it won't take another ten years!

Hope this helps!

Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

camcojunky

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »

Gina,

Thanks for the clarification on these points.  It looks like I will be sending my old ZX back ASAP.

One more question... is there a new owners manual that explains how to apply all the new functionality of the new board? Would it be possible for current Zendrum owners to preview the manual, in order to get a better understanding of the possibilities?

Thanks again
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up