Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Always bring a backup :-0  (Read 2130 times)

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
Always bring a backup :-0
« on: September 15, 2006, 02:36:04 AM »

Well my DMPro locked up at rehearsal last night after 4 years use.......Powers up but just a black line across the top of the screen. I'll get a look at it later today and the DMPro Yahoo Forum to see if I can get any tips.

Replugged in the D4 that was in the rack....what a reliable little unit that is. So much easier to navigate than the DMPro and doesn't sound half bad with a little reverb.

It's funny as i'd finally got the lend of an old PC Laptop so I could install Emagic Sounddiver and edit the sounds on the DMPro. Hopefully all is not lost.

Mick

P.S. This arrived this morning at my front door....another toy. Yamaha A3000 Sampler -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120028448722&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:04:44 AM by MustangMick »

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Always bring a backup :-0
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 02:03:15 PM »

Mick,

YEAH, man...I always have backup gear too (module, Zendrum, batteries, merge box, cables).  I have been using the Muse Receptor, and it can be a little trying at times (usually my fault!) so my Roland TD-20 has been in the truck just in case.  Never had reason to use it (fingers crossed).  Since the -20 is WAY too cool to be just a backup, I just bought a used TD-6 which will be my new backup rig. 

*Anyone looking for a LIKE NEW TD-20???

Jer

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »

Hey have you tried "re-initializing" your DM-PRO?  If not, hold both sides of the "cursor" button and power the unit up. That is the way to do a "master reset".  Any saved patches should not be affected. Hope that helps. Take care and stay safe, Mark
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 03:46:39 AM »

When I got around to checkin git on Saturday, the DMPro worked fine, all patches still there so all is well again. A previous drummer there had his TD8 crash out so maybe there is a poor Mains supply to the house?

Knee deep in the manual for the Yamaha A3000 sampler I picked up off ebay. Lots of potential but it's like starting from scratch all over again.

Cheers
Mick

boismenu

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 06:40:34 PM »

Hi Mick!
I see you got an A3000. I own an A4000, they are really nice and reliable samplers. I have mine with an internal hard disk, a Zip drive and 128MB or RAM. I haven´t played anything as fast triggering as this sampler.

One thing that bothers me is how long it takes to load samples. A program with 5 pieces drum kit plus HH and two cymbals (not huge samples) could take forver. Otherwise I´m happy with it.

Pierre

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 07:32:35 AM »

I use an Akai sampler. A little time consuming at first to set up but once a drum map is set up, it's just putting in the samples.
I really like the ability to create my own samples and kits.
I agree it's a little slow to load a kit but all is good once it's loaded. Very stable too.
No latency or computer problems  ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »

I agree it's a little slow to load a kit but all is good once it's loaded.

This bugs me.  I never use the same kit for two songs in a row, mixing and matching from two modules from a 'favorites' list of about 36 in one, and 10 in the other.  In a live situation, that load time can be a killer.
Play nice.

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »

I agree it's a little slow to load a kit but all is good once it's loaded.

This bugs me.  I never use the same kit for two songs in a row, mixing and matching from two modules from a 'favorites' list of about 36 in one, and 10 in the other.  In a live situation, that load time can be a killer.

Very true. I should have mentioned that I mainly use this for studio work. I use my Emu Planet earth for live playing.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up