Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zendrum ZAP, Trigger io, HATpedal  (Read 724 times)

s_sibs

Zendrum ZAP, Trigger io, HATpedal
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:15 AM »

Hi folks!

Over the past few months I've been putting together my setup. First, I purchased my Zendrum ZAP (Bubinga) from David back in December '08. Love it! Recently I've added an Alesis Trigger io and an Alternate Mode HATpedal.

I've got things set up and working with Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0.2 and am getting everything I expected out of this setup. I've set up 2 triggers on the ZAP for hi-hat. 1 triggering closed (shaft) hits and 1 trigger set for tip articulation. Both are working great with the HATpedal/Trigger io, and S2 combo.

My question has to do with the closed pedal sound or, also called, 'pedal chick' sound. I get a closed pedal sound but it isn't dynamic...velocity speaking. I get 127 velocity level with every foot stop no matter how lightly I stomp.

The HATpedal has 3 outputs and I'm using the 'continuous controller responding to foot position' jack so I can get the varying positions of the open/close sounds.

So, is this a limitation of the pedal, the Trigger io, or some other mysterious force that is stymieing my ability to get velocity sensitive pedal chick sounds?

Kelsin

Re: Zendrum ZAP, Trigger io, HATpedal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »

So, is this a limitation of the pedal, the Trigger io, or some other mysterious force that is stymieing my ability to get velocity sensitive pedal chick sounds?

I haven't used toontrack software before so I can't speak to it. I have used a trigger IO (in my case with a kord PadKontrol controller with Roland bass drum trigger and hi hat pedal). I had better luck using the BFD2 pedal click setting than the pedal click that's in the Trigger IO.

I also think (don't know) that if you want total nice velocity sensitivityon the hi hat click that you need a pedal that supports it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up