Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: samplers  (Read 1688 times)

aziel

samplers
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »

hi,

thanks if you've already replied to my previous post re sound modules and retro sounds, this post is really an extension to that one, sorry!

is there anyone out there who uses a sampler as apposed to a drum module per se? have been thinking that a sampler would give me most flexibility, so i can find whatever drum samples i want, be it oldskool lo-fi drum machines, sampled acoustic kits, crazy sound fx, synths or whatever. so if anyone has any particular advice with regard to this or any sampler recommendations i'd be very grateful. have been thinking about getting a mid range roland module (td8 or td10) but then what am i really buying with that? undoubtedly a great drum module which allows to tweak away, changing the dimensions and tuning of the drums but i don't know if i really need or want that level of control.

i'm thinking fairly portable to minimise fannying around at gigs and yes i'd much rather have a piece of hardware i can bash around with rather than worrying about a laptop given me a headache 5mins into a gig! was thinking in particular mpc 500, small, usb connection and certainly cheaper than a mid range roland module.

anywho thanks again.

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: samplers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:48:28 PM »

I have used an Akai S2000 sampler for a long time. The akai stuff is real good. Only recently have I switched to Battery 3 and a laptop. I've had no issues with the laptop and it's really the best way to go. However, I've looked into the mpc 500 as a backup myself. It seems like a good machine. I have not had the chance to actually try one so I can't say for sure. I've always liked samplers over drum modules just for the reason you state. You can load your own sounds.
It sounds like this is the direction you want to go.

Cheers,
Steve

aziel

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »

hi steve,

thanks for your comments and advice. browsing away on this forum and putting these questions on here and the responses i've got from them has really helped me out and made me consider different stuff.

happy zendrumming everyone.

cheers!

timecutter

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »

Native Instruments has unveiled a software/hardware sampler/groovebox unit at NAMM that looks pretty amazing.   They call it "Maschine"

Here's a link:  http://www.native-instruments.com/newreleases/#/en/products/producer/maschine/

rock on,

M
Pages: [1]   Go Up