Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going wireless !!!  (Read 1547 times)

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
Going wireless !!!
« on: December 04, 2008, 04:49:13 PM »

After 8 years of tripping over my cables, and having other band members step on them, damage them or pull them out of the Merge Brick - I'm treating myself to a wireless setup for my Christmas present.  Kudos to Gina and the gang at Zendrum for a quick order processing on the Battery Merge Box.  Now all I have to do is wait for the wireless MIDI to show up.   :o

I've attached a copy of the MIDI Wireless Comparisons I did before finally choosing on the Classic Midi Works MIDIjet Pro.  I'll be sending Paul a copy so he can hopefully get it added to the Zendrum Resources Page.

If anyone decides to buy one from Brett at AXEessmidisystems, be sure to tell them Tom sent you.  He has great customer service - just like at Zendrum headquarters.

I'll followup in a few weeks to let everyone know how well it's working out.

The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Going wireless !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »

I have been wireless since day one and it has been great! You will be able to enjoy the freedom of moving around and no longer be the drummer in the back. First thing you should look into in my opinion would be  2 sets of rechargable lithium batteries. Buying batteries get a little expensive and you want to have a fresh set every time you gig!  One thing i have noticed that even when it says you can be 300 feet away most of the time you will not want to. The farther away you get, the longer it takes for the sound to get to you. It is a real disconnect when you get more than 30 feet away from the stage, but you should try it just to see what your range would be . i hope this helps. Thumper
Thumper

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 02:25:05 AM »

I LOVE my MidiJet Pro.  BUT...I play at a place with WiFi and it does some strange stuff...notes delayed, or some dropped.  Not too bad, but it pays to have cables around too if needed.

Jer

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »

I had to switch back to wires as well after too much trouble with my MIDI jet pro. When it goes out, EVERYTHING stops. Kind of bad when you're in the middle of a song. Even with new batteries.

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »

I've not had any trouble at all with my cme widi, after countless live gigs, not a single problem...I love this thing. 
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »

Zenfem, I've head very little about the CME, although what I have heard seems to be good.  could you give us some more information about range, power draw, etc?  From everything I've heard this seems to be a viable mid-range wireless system and I'd like to start doing some investigations.  Thanks!

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up