Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LINKING TD-20 TO A SPD-20  (Read 1856 times)

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
LINKING TD-20 TO A SPD-20
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »

Hi everyone I am trying to use my TD-20 for my drum sounds and have my SPD-20 for my percussion sounds. Both are set to channel 10.  I have linked them like this. Zen drum to midi in of the TD-20, midi out from the TD-20 to midi in of the SPD-20. I have my audio out coming from the TD-20 to my mixer.

My Question is can I get the sound of the SPD-20 thru the TD-20 to my mixer this way or do I also have to take the audio out of  the SPD-20.

I have gotten the audio out of the SPD-20 to the mix in of the TD-20 , but I would like to know if this can be accomplished thru the midi connections and not having to hook up another set of wires. I think I must be missing a setting somewhere so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.  Thanks Thumper
Thumper

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: LINKING TD-20 TO A SPD-20
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »

If you're using the SPD-20 for sounds, then you need to run audio from the SPD-20, either to the mix-in of your TD-20 or the input of your mixer/amp. 
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:13:31 AM »

Thank Jaay  I have sounds out of both.  I think I was coming to that conclusion but not understanding Midi that well I was thinking that when the modules were linked that you only needed a left and right out of the first unit and not have to have audio out of both of them. It would be a little easier to not have to hook up another audio cable but not a deal breaker. Thumper
Thumper

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »

Just got my first Zendrum and joined the forum, so please forgive the late response --  but I did a short writeup a while back detailing how to set this up that might help some folks looking to do the same:
http://nebiru.com/drumWagon/index.cfm/2007/11/16/Using-a-Roland-SPD1120-to-slave-a-TD20

cheers!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
question
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »

Is it possible to get the swishing brush sound with a TD-20.  Thumper
Thumper
Pages: [1]   Go Up