Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BFD3 and multiple kits live  (Read 66 times)

stevennistor

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
BFD3 and multiple kits live
« on: November 20, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »

hi there, i'm new to the forum.  i just got my EXP in conjunction with BFD3 and love it.  what i'm trying to do is be able to have multiple kits set without having to load them in between songs.  i thought i'd be able to do this in MainStage and/or Logic but i found that once i loaded three kits my memory would crash.  i've got a brand new macbook pro but i guess BFD3 is such a hog you have to go one kit at a time.  i just can't imagine sitting there waiting for BFD to load up between every song, even if i want to only use three or four different presets.  any suggestions?
thanks,
Steve

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: BFD3 and multiple kits live
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 12:01:55 AM »

Personally I've built just one giant kit in BFD3 and then use different mappings on my Zendrum to facilitate the different kits.  This way I only load up one BFD project, but I have kits for Rock, Jazz, Brushes, Rods, World and various other combinations within all ready to go.

This is pretty common usage pattern which most folks have been using since the halcyon days of VSTs.  Even the Zendrumdrive uses this approach.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up