Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electro-Music 2008  (Read 1263 times)

brip

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Electro-Music 2008
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »

Hello:
The Electro-Muisic 2008 festival is being held in Kingsport, TN on Aug. 14-16. The admission price is reasonable ($50.00/3 days) and they'll be having concerts, workshops, and some open jam sessions. I'll be there with Zennie.
Here's the link:
http://event.electro-music.com/

brip

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: Electro-Music 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »

I went and it was amazing!

There were around 50-100 eletronic musicians there. Some had vintage synthesizers. There were a LOT of laptops. A fair number of people made their own instruments. Any attendee could set up in the jam room and play all day. Needless to say that's where I spent most of my time.

My ZX (Zennie) fit right into the whole scene (mine was the only one there). A few folks had seen one before...about half had heard of one...and a couple of people might end up getting one. A lot of people asked if they could play it (I obliged of course). I heard a lot of compliments about the quality of the craftsmanship and I told everyone who asked where they could get one. I felt like a real Zendrum ambassador.

I learned that this gathering started in Philadelphia, PA a few years ago. This is the first time the event has been held outside of Philadelphia. If you're into experimental eletronic music, Electro-Music (http://electro-music.com/) is the place to go. They're really nice folks.

-Brian

jeff sanders

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 03:19:20 PM »

kudos for representing with the zendrum in such an event that brought it so much attention. thats the exposure zendrum needs to generate a busy buzz of real world advertising. much better than a picture and a paragraph to reveal its capabilities to potential customers.
good job

HostileReality

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »

some of these demonstrations sound really good:

Dale Parson    Human-to-human chess game-to-music generator 
Per Wikstrom    Building large analogue modular synthesizers 
Per Wikstrom    Random sources in composition 
John Rose    Live sound in large venues 
Amos Gaynes    Programming the modern Moogs: Everything you always wanted to know (you get to ask) 
Michael O'Bannon    Translating Physiological Rhythms into Music and Sound 
Howard Moscovitz    Ambiophonic Sound 
Howard Moscovitz    Time Quantization 
Michael O'Bannon   Biofeedback demonstrations 
James Spitznagel    Tenori-on demonstration 
James Spitznagel    Creating music with the Nintendo DS 
Kevin Spears    Kalimba: Infinite Possibilities 
Cary and Robert Murphy    "Chair" - experiments in total sound immersion 
Tony Gerber    Music in the virtual world of Second Life 
Amos Gaynes    Mooged Out with Amos: featuring the Moog Multipedal 
X.J. Scott    Xenharmonic Frontiers - Getting In Tune with the World of Microtonality
Christopher Wright    Interactive Visuals:  An Overview of Apple's Quartz Composer 

did you see any of these? can you explain at all what they were about if so? thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up