Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZAP, Trigger IO, and FD-8  (Read 1970 times)

s_sibs

ZAP, Trigger IO, and FD-8
« on: July 23, 2008, 03:20:50 PM »

Hi again.

I'm working through a couple of different setup ideas for when I purchase my Zendrum ZAP.

I think I want to get a Roland FD-8 hi hat pedal for handling hh open positions and foot chicks and only need 2 triggers on the ZAP (1 for tip hits and 1 for shaft hits). This would free up triggers for more snare articulations which I'd like. I think I've got triggers mapped out to where I would like. Of course, I can't put it into practice yet but I think it might work  :D

I think that the Alesis Trigger IO would be good for plugging the FD-8 into to send cc data.

I noticed that John Emrich mentioned this setup in another thread (Zendrum, Trigger IO, and FD-8).

My question is:

How would you plug things in for this setup? I've read the manuals for the Trigger IO and the ZAP and I can't quite figure it out. Of course, I plug the FD-8 into the HH input of the Trigger IO but then what? The Trigger IO only has a MIDI Out and and USB output.

So, would that mean...FD-8->Trigger IO(HH Input). Then...(MIDI Out of Trigger IO)->(MIDI IN of ZAP)->(MIDI Out of ZAP)->computer MIDI IN?

Would this even work? I'm usually good with signal flow and such but this is new to me.

Thanks for the help guys.

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: ZAP, Trigger IO, and FD-8
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »

FD 8 into the HH input for the trigger io.  Then you would merge the signal into your computer.  You could use a M-Audio 2x2 or similar device.  Do not try to chain them together.

A small MIDI merge is not expensive and most have a USB connector.

Good luck,
John 

John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up