Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fair warning  (Read 3976 times)

jeff sanders

fair warning
« on: July 10, 2008, 06:52:55 PM »

hey tribe,
im making a video that shows my zendrum layout. ive been promising since i bought it and im sick of lying. i start off tapping the pads to show what goes where. it is frightful train wreck. i had my itunes on random play and a led zeppelin song i like came on. however i dont know the drum part, to say the least, but i made noise along with it anyway. please forgive my insolence,  zepp. its painfully obvious i havent rehearsed at all on my zen in years. its also shameful that i still have no stand for it which is why i havent practiced with it. ive owned it over 5 years now im pretty sure. its being transformed into a quicktime video as i type. ill upload it as soon as it is done. i do have a fellow that said he would make me a stand from aluminum as soon as hes done with a couple big jobs hes doing now.

my ability is very embarrassing but being angry about how bad i suk should motivate my lazy azz to get my gear/act together on my zendrum.

p.s. if this vid is unacceptable by others i understand and will remove right away no questions.

jeffory sanders

jeff sanders

Re: fair warning
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x637q3_zendrum-layout_music

you all deserve better, i will make a better one once i get a stand and rehearse.

eDrummer53

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
    • The road to Forgiveness
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:35:17 PM »

Here's the thing Jeff -- There are many drummers out there with full use of every part of their body and many of them can't even come close to keeping a straight beat, let alone maintaining a consistent tempo (myself included at times!) as you demonstrated.  I am proud to call you a tribal brother!  I have a drummer friend that is paralyzed from the waist down due to a construction accident and I have been trying to get him interested in a Zendrum ...but he likes acoustics so much that he invented a bass drum trigger he can play using his mouth, keeps the hi-hat in closed position, and really can lay into a song!

I probably don't have to tell you this but you have found the key to allowing you to play as well as any other drummer out there by using the Zen LT !!

Keep rockin !!

Regards,

...Rod

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »

VERY well said.
Steve

Here's the thing Jeff -- There are many drummers out there with full use of every part of their body and many of them can't even come close to keeping a straight beat, let alone maintaining a consistent tempo (myself included at times!) as you demonstrated.  I am proud to call you a tribal brother!  I have a drummer friend that is paralyzed from the waist down due to a construction accident and I have been trying to get him interested in a Zendrum ...but he likes acoustics so much that he invented a bass drum trigger he can play using his mouth, keeps the hi-hat in closed position, and really can lay into a song!

I probably don't have to tell you this but you have found the key to allowing you to play as well as any other drummer out there by using the Zen LT !!

Keep rockin !!

Regards,

...Rod

jeff sanders

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »

wow you guys are great! that makes me feel really good. thanks
im down on myself for not having my eggs in one basket after such a long time. i once prayed for something to allow me back into the only life ive known, playing music. bingo! the zendrum. its a vehicle of unlimited creative potential for me and ive only dabbled in exploring it so far. i know i can do much better once i get it together and perform properly. i needed to give myself a slap in the face to wake and motivate me. i will redeem my musical essence and humble confidence once i make my mind right. i been only talking about a comeback, now its time to deliver.  having your external encouragement bolsters my intentions.

good to hear your friend is still at it drumming. using sticks does offer many benefits i miss. relearning how to play without them forced me to change my perspective. i feel im better for it.

i once thought about a teeth trigger but figured id slobber it up and zap myself!  heh

tyvm rod and steve

youve made my day  :)

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 02:19:31 AM »

Jeff,

I hope you see this...Old thread!

Man, you have just inspired me.  No joke, I wathched your video with a lump in my throat.  To add to my emotional reaction, that is my FAVORITE Zep song.  You said sorry for not knowing alll the drum parts...but I would rather hear YOU interpret it any day!  (I can listen to Bonzo anytime I want!)

You are awesome man...post again when you get that stand; I think you'll be screamin' on that thing!

One more comment: I have been told it's boring to watch drummers on Zendrum.  A buddy once told me "People wanna see sticks flyin'!"  Your unique approach actually LOOKS like the motion of using sticks...cool to watch!

Awesome man, I am proud to know you.  (Online, anyway).

Jer

jeff sanders

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 02:34:59 PM »

Jeff,

I hope you see this...Old thread!

Man, you have just inspired me.  No joke, I wathched your video with a lump in my throat.  To add to my emotional reaction, that is my FAVORITE Zep song.  You said sorry for not knowing alll the drum parts...but I would rather hear YOU interpret it any day!  (I can listen to Bonzo anytime I want!)

You are awesome man...post again when you get that stand; I think you'll be screamin' on that thing!

One more comment: I have been told it's boring to watch drummers on Zendrum.  A buddy once told me "People wanna see sticks flyin'!"  Your unique approach actually LOOKS like the motion of using sticks...cool to watch!

Awesome man, I am proud to know you.  (Online, anyway).

Jer

oh hey i missed this post. sorry i havent said thank you sooner. i havent put in the time playing my zen it deserves. i need to recapture the motivation i had when i first touched my zen. kind words do help alot, thanks again for them.

i like flying sticks too but i do respect the finesse of the light touch the zens offer.  it requires another level of dexterity to play with such a 'controlled' voice and the reward is dynamics to kill for or to die for or both  :)  i think maybe some folks who are familiar with zens can more easily recognize the subtleties involved with a zenformance. heh now im making up words.

im very flattered you find my caveman banging style worthy of comment. its nice to feel im accepted even by the very accomplished tribes people.

lotsa luv
jeff

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »

Dude,

You ROCK!   Rock on Jeff, you are the Bomb, as my kids say! This is an older thread, but it is still inspiring. You did a great job, and anyone that sits around feeling sorry for themselves should make this a mandatory "must see". You were not sure of yourself from your words, but musically you had a great sound a great steady beat. I hope you are continuing to practice and play!

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

jeff sanders

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »

thank you too randtor. im slowly finding my voice on the zen. my practice habits need better focus but i havent given up.

rock on is great advice

so rock on right back atcha!   :)

peace

jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up