Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some patches wont stop playing  (Read 1626 times)

jeff sanders

some patches wont stop playing
« on: June 11, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »

hi again,
i tried using a synth basics patch called blip drops and the notes wont stop unless i hit the sustain button. i tried a few other patches(basses, synths etc.) and it did the same. i just need the notes to ring a little but the way it seems to work is either not ring at all or not stop ringing, depending on the polarity switch setting on 0 or 1.  any 0.1-0.9 options? i look all over the manual. sorry for such newb questions especially since ive had mine for years and just now getting around to using it like this.

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
Re: some patches wont stop playing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:56:03 AM »

Just 0 and 1 options for Polarity at the moment. You could use the Sustain switch to cut the sounds off or maybe with a MIDI Foot Controller of some kind?

Mick

jeff sanders

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 01:14:15 PM »

thanks mick,
something new to learn is good for me. i grumble while i do but in the long run im better off.  good suggestion because mr. haney installed 2 extra sustain switches on my LT that replaced my factory jacks just for that reason.
keep zenning

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »

Jeff,

There won't be any ".1-.9" settings for Sustain.  In the Midi spec, sustain is an on/off feature...not a Zendrum limitation, just the way Midi works.

What you really need is to fix the note length in the synth module.  Often there are settings for attack, sustain, decay, and release.  By messing with each of these, you can, with some practice, really tailor a sound to your liking.

Jer

jeff sanders

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »

easier for me to point away from myself when i think of limitations. i need to own up and get savvy with my gear cause i am the true limiter.

i apologize to zendrum for scape goating my short comings onto them and their products. they are guilty only of providing me exactly what i asked for when i decided to have mine built.

thanks and sorry about my mouth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up