Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen care for their (prospective) customers award!  (Read 1174 times)

Slavedave

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Zen care for their (prospective) customers award!
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:50:22 AM »

First post so go easy on me!
I recently had the chance to bag an LT off of Ebay but prior to pressing the BuyIt now button I had reason to approach DH with a query around power supply specs in Ireland V the US.  I wasn't planning to buy a new unit from him directly  and I recognise that this has an effect on his bottom line but he was a true gent and helped me immensely.  Subsequently he has also provided technical advice post purchase to fix a mis-triggering issue.  I can only say that here is a guy who really cares about his product and their owners. 
As a "new to drumming" vdrum and Hansonic HPD15 owner, I am having such fun playing the Zendrum.  It is addictive!  I have wanted one for several years but it was always a bit out of range, finance wise.  To compensate I built my own TMC in the past, extended that to incorporate an acoustic-to-electric conversion kit with a TD-8 for triggering duties and then bought the HPD-15 once I realised that the main kit was never going to leave the house (and I needed something portable each week).  Now I feel like I have "come home".  The innovation in this instrument is fabulous and I tip my hat to the makers.
Triggering EZDrummer (+ the Nashville and Latin Percussion EZX's) works very well via my Alesis FW16 mixer and a UM-2 midi interface.
Thanks so much to DH and the Forum for all the pre-purchase info.  I just wanted to pop in and say a big "thank you" to you all.

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
Re: Zen care for their (prospective) customers award!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

DH is the best.  I also bought my ZX off of eBay back in 1999, and DH helped me a couple of times over the year.  It's really freaky to have the CEO call you from his cell phone while he's stuck in Atlanta traffic.  In turn, I have helped at least 5 people (that I know of) buy new Zens directly from DH, and have at Zendrums request, demo'd my ZX off to several prospective buyers in my area.  I also beta tested the 'Brick' for Zendrum and have the first 'Brick' ever sold.  Performing with your Zendrum is priceless advertisment for the Zendrum.
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

Badger

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:17:16 PM »

Slavedave - Glad you scored the LT! It is fun, isn't it?

Regarding the tech support calls from Atlanta traffic: With the price of gas going up and the traffic here getting worse, I hope David doesn't feel compelled to start charging for the support. ;-)

Jeff

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »

Dave,
glad you are enjoying your new Zendrum LT....that makes at least two Zendrummers in Ireland? I'm up in Co. Armagh.

David at Zendrum has always been very helpful with tips and advice , plus the long suffering Tom Roady who has had to put up with 100s of Zendrum questions from little ole me.....haha

Cheers
Mick
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:28:39 PM by MustangMick »
Pages: [1]   Go Up