Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APOGEE DUET  (Read 1473 times)

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
APOGEE DUET
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »

Does anyone use or have some feedback on using this firewire interface? It is supposed to be used with a mac computer and software written for garageband and logic. Would this be a good one to purchase or would something like a motu ultralite be better? Thanks Thumper
Thumper

jeff sanders

Re: APOGEE DUET
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »

i never used one but people in forums have only good things to say about them. only gripe i heard was no midi in/outs. the rest was praise of sound quality.  maybe search various recording forums searching duet and your application of choice for any bug reports or complaints to avoid compatibility issues too.
good luck

timecutter

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »

Hey Thumper,

I've never used the Apogee stuff, but I have been VERY happy with my MOTU interface (an 828 mkII). 

Mark

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »

I took a look at the Apogee.  I understand that they are supposed to be great.  That said however, I have a motu ultralite, and there sure are s lot more inputs and outputs on it than the duet.  Also, what Jeff said, I think you'll be crying without midi sooner or later.  It depends on what you want to use it for.  It's it's for the zen, you're going to want midi....
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

jeff sanders

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTU-FastLane-USB-MIDI-Interface_W0QQitemZ200227541797QQihZ010QQcategoryZ41784QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just an example i bumped into looking at midi on ebay. they also have a usb cord with 1midi in and 1 out but im not sure limitations of midi transfer arent an issue with such a simple cord, my guess only.

i admire the small setups some here use.  more like a shaving kit than my big heavy rack full of gear to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up