Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All they need to do is see....  (Read 1261 times)

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
All they need to do is see....
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:01:58 AM »

So I'm playing a casual at a friend's house tomorrow, and last night we had a rehearsal.  This was the first time we'd be working with some of the members--couple of string players and a vocalist.  The string players I'd worked with before, but I'd never met the vocalist so she had never seen my Zendrum.  I took it out of the case, showed it to her and bragged about it for a minute or two.  So, then dovetailing from a different conversation, she says to me, "well, you know, if you're gonna play in MY band, you're gonna have to play a real kit."  So I just shrugged and said "Okay".  No point in arguing it, right?

Then we started practicing.

The first song I had an electronic kick, dance-snare, and a few scratch-type sounds.  She turns around at the end of the song and yells, "That is the coolest ----ing thing I have ever seen!!!".  Then the next song was this nice laid-back funk song, so I simply stepped to a new Patch (ha!) and enjoyed me brass snare, big ol' kick, etc.  I played a few fills and this singer gives me that same "holy crow" look.  It was hilarious.

When we finished a few songs, the singer says to me, "that was awesome man!  I didn't think I'd like it when I saw it, but it looks so different when you're actually playing it.  That thing rocks!"  And I just laughed and said, "I know, doesn't it?!".

Don't you just love it when an instrument speaks for itself???

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: All they need to do is see....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

That reminds me of the credit card add on TV

;D A singer that has to eat there own arrogant words - PRICELESS ;D

Maybe it's the Zen's band now and she'll have to ask it nicely if she can sing along now
Proud owner of a Maple laptop

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: All they need to do is see....
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 09:59:34 AM »

Arrgghhh! Perhaps that be why I am not in a band.  Me personality would have told that wench where to go, what to do and what to do it with!!!!!  Tehn I would have shown the rest f the crew what a Zendrum could do as a parting shot!  Arrrgghhh!
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.
Pages: [1]   Go Up