Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless  (Read 6647 times)

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »

I am echoing what Pyrate says. I picked up the same strap at my local guitar center as well.  it gives you plenty of options for placing the two belt packs. I am very happy with it.  Take care and stay safe, Mark
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 12:21:28 AM »

I highly recommend the internal battery mod from Zendrum corp.  It really makes batt changes almost instant, and doesn't require yet another thing on your strap.  I had a battery go dead on me on stage a couple months ago, and I was back on in less than 30 secs.  READ:  DO change battery before a gig.  Period.  I save my half-deads for practice.  I get about 6 hours each.

Anyway, the MidiJets work great!  I have the original and the pro.  ANYONE want to buy my original MidiJet for $200?  I'll pay shipping.

Jer

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless... with an extetion cord
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 08:24:44 PM »

Wireless with an extention cord you ask???  Yes. I played an outdoor gig this past weekend with just my Alesis DM PRO. I keep a 45' midi cable attached to it for times when I don't use the wireless, but in this case I did.

The story goes something like this...

It was a large park (Baker park in Frederick, Md. for those who know). We were set-up in a large gazebowith the main speakers pointing out on the park.   I originally had the wireless MIDI receiver withthe DM PRO at the rack. I could get about 50' or so from the gazebo and still do ok. It worked but my curiousity had not been satisfied yet.  I ran the receiver to the front of the gazebo, attached it to the rail, and then went back out into the park.  BIG DIFFERENCE in performance!!

As the propellor on my head spins a little faster, the two-way radio guy in me is coming out a little.  One thing to remember though the MIDI JET Pro has a 500' range, you can't forget the whole "line of sight" thing.  The frequency range on the MIDI JET Pro is in the 2 GHz (gigshertz) range so though higher frequencies do penetrate walls, etc. Try and maintin a "line of sight" with your reciever as much as possible. Basically if you can see your rig, your wireless will work.

Another note for users of in ear monitors, keep your ears in. You will have better tracking if you keep the ears in, sometimes there is a delay out in the house and that can throw you off sync with who ever your playing with. If you not using ears, just stay close. it is still cool to wander about  ;D

Take care and stay safe, Mark

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »

a web company called road wired sells a fancy little metal clip called the rivet that has several small attachment plates etc. that slide into a small attachment that can be put on a strap or attached to a belt or mounted to just about anything not overly cheap for a hook but very solid and well made and makes a permanent attachment point on just about anything like a phone or pager or a Midi jet just another way to tweak hardware I'm sure some other companies make a similar gadget ive found these to be really solid

Road Wired - rivet_etreker_lg.jpg
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:17:53 AM by retro surfer »
Proud owner of a Maple laptop

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »

About how long does a set of batteries last?
Steve

Generally up until the middle of the moment when everyone is watching you.

Less than 4 hours is my guess, but I might be really off.

Which batteries are we discussing here?  The ones in the battery box or the ones in the MIDI wireless?  The ad copy for the wireless says ~30 hrs' life, but I've never had anyone confirm or deny this. 
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 01:08:52 PM »

I have not found out how long they last. I put in fresh ones before every gig, and rehearse with those batteries until the next gig. That's all from me. I would be curious if someone knows the actual numbers. Take care and stay safe, Mark.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up