Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: receptor  (Read 1401 times)

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
receptor
« on: August 18, 2006, 02:39:35 PM »

HI I was looking at the back panel of the receptor and noticed it had a stereo output.  I wanted to have control of the levels  of each drum sound outside of the receptor  connecting the output  to a mackie mixer and controlling the sound levels of each drum sound.   Is their a way to do that with just the stereo output?
thanks
mark

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: receptor
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »

In order to controll all of the drums outside of the Receptor, you will need to use all of the outputs.  You will need to use the SPDIF outs, the Stereo outs, and the ADAT out.  That will give you 12, but you will need converters.  If you are using the Remote controll software that comes with Receptor. you can make the adjustments that you need with the mixer screen.  You can also use a MIDI fader pack and controll the fader adjustments via MIDI.  The whole idea is to keep it in the digital environment and keep the sound as clean as possible. 

Hope this helps,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

amyjer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »

I had a similar question although I placed it another thread.  Is it possible to control individual drums via MIDI rather than ending up with individual audio outputs?  My goal is to record one MIDI track in Sonar using Uniwire and then render individual drum audio tracks.  I have been able to do this using Reason/Reason Drum Kits.

Thanks.

Jeremy

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 06:10:19 PM »

Yes you could configure the Receptor to do this with Uniwire.  However, it might be easier for you to run BFD with all of the channels coming into your DAW on the computer itself.  This would keep things neat and easy to see.  The bottom line is that there is almost always a way to get a work around that works for you in your studio.  Each person will have a different approach to working with DAWs.

Hope this helps,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up