Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need info on power requirements for LT  (Read 2650 times)

jeff sanders

need info on power requirements for LT
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »

hi tribe,
im looking for the exact voltage and amperage so i can get a custom power adapter made that i can plug my zendrum into my wheelchairs batteries. i going to try some of the local rv stores cause i know they do alot of electric conversions for using various things.   my handsonic is 9v/1000ma and it looks like 12v for the zen but i find no amperage rating. i want to be exact so i dont damage any gear.
thanks for any answers

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: need info on power requirements for LT
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 02:38:36 PM »

Hey Jeff,
The wall wart transformer is 12vdc with a 500-800 ma rating.
The white striped wire is the positive.
Be sure that the power does not get reversed or it will cook off your circuitboard in 2 seconds!
Have someone call me before they start hacking and slashing...PLEASE
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

jeff sanders

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 12:14:07 PM »

thank you for your reply. i will definitely prove the power supplys output/polarity by testing with meters and of course, i will contact you before doing any plugging in of anything. i truly appreciate your concern on behalf of my zendrums safety.
thanx again

GaryLee

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »

Just thought this might be a good place to find out if there are any plans to make an adapter to be able to use the Zen in a car??

jeff sanders

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »

Just thought this might be a good place to find out if there are any plans to make an adapter to be able to use the Zen in a car??

that would be cool to be able to use a cars stereo system to provide amplification. great idea.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 03:32:24 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Methinks that while it may be enjoyable to play the Zendrum while driving, me also thinks that such an endeavour is akin to putting on makeup while driving.  Not exactly the sort of thing you want to do.  Remember the second law of sea - Safety First!  unless of course you are in the passenger seat.  If such is the case and someone else is driving (presuming he/she is also not playing an instrument at the time), then Zen on!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

jeff sanders

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »

i was thinking of parking where i want to jam, like a drivable p.a. it would be an ez setup and tear down. you just gotta open the doors to let the music out.  :)

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »

you just gotta open the doors to let the music out.  :)

Ever hear of Beach Speakers?  Mounted right behind the grill.  Leave the door closed.
Play nice.

jeff sanders

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »

i goodled beach speakers and found a bicycle water bottle type waterproof ipod speaker/dock with an internal speaker. those look kinda cool but im doubting thats what you meant so ill google more after i have a lil food. supper calling thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up