Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garageband / Zendrum  (Read 5810 times)

jeff sanders

Re: Garageband / Zendrum
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »

ill be glad to upload my gb3 files so people can see them in the editor windows. you can see how its put down. that visual medium is so much more helpful for me<dummy kinda like a picture book vs a manual. to see the stuff while you make it helps in arranging. shortly after i got the mac  i got a deal from a tucson store on all 5 jam packs(4+ 1"classic"discontinued) @$79.00 ea. it gave me lotz of drum kits and big fat synth bass stuff. i also downloaded about every free loop sample i could find for mac. first link=hillside warrior i made for a friends myspace he wanted something to put a vocal over and would rattle balls in his system. its all loops some midi and some audio. i snipped, chopped and diced at a guitar riff loop until i had an overdriven lenny kravitz on steroids sound for the lead. the bass line was a loop i doubled then moved 4 midi notes to change the phrase. i should mention that all the effects come with gb3. i just thought maybe i can take a screen pick of my open gb3 editor and post it for those without gb3 to see. easier understood than my  explanation. i got a new song i havent uploaded anywhere yet its an ac/dc tribute called thats why. i only know how to upload videos to myspace or youtube. i cant find where to upload just audios so ill make a quick video and attach the new song then post a link here when done.
second link=beat it deauxphus features my dog hadji, that barks and exposes a hidden shaman whom had just uttered a tsunami curse upon the waves my surfing granddaughter aubrey was enjoying. after the jeering surf partiers sound off their dispreciation, grandson nick gives the bogus witchdoctor his walking papers...dude :)  the zendrum i recorded as midi notes on a software instrument track. its so many measures then it repeats.  i rarely, no, i never get exactly what i want when i input my performance for loop purposes. what i sometimes get is an "accident". i played something unintended but good. what i always get is something to work with. i manually edit the midi data from my zendrum in the gb3 editor. i correct for early or late hits=timing, missed or nerfed hits=velocity. its gotta sync proper period. use the quantize function carefully can fix your data in a bad way, thats why i suggest manually editing. prerequisite=no life
ill go for now. ill be back with screen shots and file links
i hope its worthy of this attention.
thanx for interest

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »

Tom,
after seeing you work your magic with Garageband and a Zendrum at your house I hope you can work up a little demo for the FutureDrum convention? Garageband is a powerful composition tool that sometimes gets dismissed as it comes free with Macs. Live MIDI Iooping is also a possibility that not many people realise

I wish my ibook was faster but i'm getting better at creating my own loops and 'semi-melodic' parts.......i've a lot of catching up to do!!!! ;D

Michael

jeff sanders

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »

hii again im gonna put up a song in the music section i dont wanna cross into ot her. i put a screen shot of the song in gb3 at the end of the video. i learned what grab does weeee.
see u in new thread

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 09:16:32 AM »

I've been watching this thread with great intrest. I have a mac i book and a MOTU ultralite. I've been using Battery for some time now and this garage band thing just sounds so cool. I've been bit and now want to try some things as well. Keep up the good work everyone.
Cheers,
Steve

Tom Roady

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »

If you go to myspace.com/tomroady you can hear a track that I wrote in Garageband. 500 Miles..I..recorded all the individual tracks from my laptop by muting all but one at a time into my Pro Tools Digi 002..I lined them up by always having 2 bars of click recorded in the pro tools from the Garageband  on each track...just so everything lines up...it works for me... then I .had my friend Ron Miller write lyrics and sing the parts as well as add a real electric guitar to it...I played the Dobro part in with my Zendrum as well as some of the other parts...the drum part is a loop...but I think it works...let me know what you think..."the mayor"

bluesapostle2

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 09:21:28 AM »

Am using garage Band with my Powerbook G4 and Battery. No problems, it's nice to be able to add reverb and echo into my mix.

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »

I've just connected my ZX via a cakewalk UM-1G to my iMac.
I discovered this guide http://www.macjams.com/article.php?story=20040128064923856 which made it reasonably simple.
Pity about the onboard sounds in Garageband....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:32:28 PM by digitalDrummer »

Tom Roady

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:51 PM »

So Allan....you don't like the Garageband sounds? Tell me more please "the mayor"

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:34 AM »

Hey Tom,
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I accessed the stock Garageband kits and found them to be quite synthetic compared to say Roland or Yamaha module kits. Are there hidden kits tha I may have overlooked?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up