Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone record your Zendrum playing within Windows?  (Read 1008 times)

SWriverstone

• Tribal Pledge
  • Aerial Drummer
    • View Profile
Does anyone record your Zendrum playing within Windows?
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:07:04 AM »

I use the Zendrum with Battery 3 in Windows XP. I spent some time last night trying to record direct-to-WAV from within Windows and failed completely. In my case, I was trying to do it from within Sonar...(using Battery 3 as a DXi plugin). It didn't work, and I was getting some strange results...almost as if the Zendrum were sending some bizarre MIDI information along with the standard note information. The really odd thing was that I could hear what I was playing perfectly---and every MIDI note I played *was* recorded by Sonar (because I could see all the notes in the event list)...but MIDI playback was just messed-up as only every 2nd or 3rd note played back...

Wondering if the problem was the Zendrum, I swapped out the Zendrum with my M-Audio MIDI keyboard controller and did a few tests with Battery 3. Everything worked perfectly. Hmmm....really strange. So the problem definitely appears to be with the Zendrum, somehow.

It may well be my fault (something I'm not doing or did wrong)...but I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else records direct-to-WAV...and if so, how are you doing it? (e.g. which software, routing, etc.)

By the way, when I say "direct-to-WAV" I mean the audio signal never leaves the computer (as opposed to routing your audio output to some other external recording device...or just using a plain old microphone!).

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up