Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice on which type wireless for audio please  (Read 2946 times)

jeff sanders

advice on which type wireless for audio please
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »

hello tribe,
im interested in getting out of my room and playing music out with others at a local jam night on tuesdays. i cant get get close enough to plug into the p.a. and have my cords not in peoples way. i know there are midi transmitters but i need my module close to reach the dial to change kits. so my next option is going wireless audio. i always been using my modules in stereo but im not really finding stereo transmitters. i mean i know i can use 2 wireless guitar transmitters as a workaround but they are pricey for my budget and im not even sure if guitar transmitters will transmit the full range of a drum module or just guitar range. has anyone used or know about using wireless audio from their drum module that could steer me to the right type(brand, model) of device to purchase? another question is would using my module in mono instead of stereo unbalance my panning? by that i mean would the individual volumes of each drum remain relative to one another? i dont mind sacrificing my stereo reverb effect to save from spending twice as much for two transmitters but like if my hard right panned ride cymbal becomes the loudest trigger on my kit then that wont work.

happy late fathers day!  :)

Whenzir

Re: advice on which type wireless for audio please
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:46:16 PM »

I recently bought an IOGear Wireless Audio/Video Kit. It has a good variety of features that fits to your device.