Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZAP: Percussionist's choice  (Read 1339 times)

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
ZAP: Percussionist's choice
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »

Hello Tribe!

Some days ago my ZAP arrived! It's a wonderful piece of craftsmanship and an eye catcher in my office. It nearly broke my heart that I had only a few hours to play it, last week, because I was busy with the CeBIT. But finally the weekend brought some free time and I spent every minute tapping on black plastics. ;-)

I actually use the ZAP with a MacBook + BFD2 and Garageband. I've tried several combinations of instruments an pad-setups and I like playing the drums with the ZAP. I'll have to find some good combinations for orchestral percussion, but I have found two really great jobs for the ZAP already: First it is the best MIDI controller to play steel drums. Look at them and look at a ZAP and you'll know what I mean. And second, I'm looking forward to the next rehearsal weekend with the symphonic orchestra. I play the timpani there and use four timpani in our rehearsal room, but can take only two of them with me, when we play outwards. I'm anxious to see the faces, when I bring the tiny ZAP instead of the huge two timpani and can play all the notes I have to play in any volume.

Just my first impressions - more whenever there is time! ;-)

Ingo

jeff sanders

Re: ZAP: Percussionist's choice
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

knock em out man!  :)

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:36:33 PM »

Hi folks!

Here are some news: After the semester break I'll be the new percussionist of the big band "Hava Nice Day". It's at the Technical University of Dortmund, where I studied some years ago. I'm really looking forward to it, because some instruments are amplified and I hope, I can use the ZAP and ZX there, sometimes. Hope, the conductor will like it. ;-) I know the BFD Percussion expansion pack. Are there some more must-haves?

So long...
Ingo.

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »

Ingo,

You might also enjoy the new B.O.M.B. pack.  It is full of marching and concert instruments, including a full set of tympani and orchestral chimes.

John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

jeff sanders

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »

congratulations on your new band position.  fingers crossed the conductor is cool with the zens.  if hes involved with moving the timpani, congas, gongs, xylophone etc. when its time to pack he'll be all for it  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up