Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 5610 times)

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Superbowl
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »

A stupid question from Germany: Who will win the Superbowl on Sunday? I'll stay awake till Monday morning 4:00 AM to watch it.  ;)

Any suggestions?

Ingo - wants the NFL-Europe back!!!

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »

Hello Ingo, You want the scoop on the Superbowl ? Well I will try to break it down for you. The New England Patriots are playing the New York Giants today. The Patriots are trying to make NFL history by winning a record number of games in a row for a season, 19, if they win today. They are a double digit favorite to win the game today, if you are betting man. It is my opinion that the Patriots will win the game today and by a good margin. They have proven that it is not just brawn and talent that wins games, but a higher level of intelligence that makes the difference. This Patriots offense is very imaginative and is so dangerous when it is on the field. The Giants will not have the answer for this BIG problem that they will have. Hope you will enjoy the game from where you are. You are welcome to come over and watch it with us if you want. We are having pizza, salad, pigs in a blanket, meatballs, and beverages. Feel free to come and make yourself comfortable. Don't forget to bring all of your Zendrums with you. You will be providing the halftime entertainment.  :). Have a nice day.  Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »

Hi Mark!

Thanks for the invitation! Unfortunately there is no flight to take me to Atlanta in time. :( Is beaming invented, yet? ;)

OK, so I'll take my fingers crossed for the Patriots. But otherwise... maybe it's more thrilling when the Giants will lead after the first half. So I'll support the Giants in the first and the Patriots in the second halftime. ;)

Have fun - hope you'll find another halftime entertainment!  ;D
Ingo

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:12:39 AM »

Wow! I enjoyed the game. The last quarter changed it all. ;)

Ingo.

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »

What a SHOCKER !!! I really was not expecting that. The bookies really had a good day. Very exciting game down to thye wire and the commercials were great.
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »

It's me again. Who can give me a short review about this season? What are your suggestions for the game today?

Ingo - will be watching from midnight to 4:15 am in Germany.

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:57 AM »

Hey Ingo,

Synopsis of the season- Pittsburgh is very tough, especially on defense. The Cardinals are the Cinderella story who nobody predicted would be there. The Pittsburgh Steelers are a 6 1/2 point favorite to win the game. I would suggest getting some good food and relaxing while watching the game. The commercials are especially good during the superbowl so go to the bathroom before the game and hold it in for the 3 1/2 hr game so as to not miss anything. Holding onto your Zendrum while watching is an optional thing. Good Luck

Mark

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »

Great game! The last 6 minutes were the best. I only was missing the commercials. They did'nt make the way to Germany. :-(

Ingo.

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »

Hey tribe!

The next Superbowl is near, again. Can anyone give me an update about the season?
I'll be watching with friends here in Germany. We want to start an American Party. What must not be missing? Any hints?

Ingo - can't wait...

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »

Ok. This is the third year I have done this with you and I enjoy doing this for all of the NFL football fans all over the world. This year, the Indianapolis Colts take on the New Orleans Saints. The Colts are favored by 5 1/2 points at this time. It is the first time that the Saints are in the Superbowl and the Colts have been there several years ago. This game could be a high scoring affair as both teams have high powered offenses. The defense and special teams may factor into the outcome as well but it should be an interesting game. I am rooting for the Saints and if I was betting, I would take the Saints and the 5 1/2 points but I always lose so don't listen to me. Enjoy the game.

Mark

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »

Time goes by... The new Superbowl is coming up. I'm looking forward for your review of the past season and your thoughts about sunday! :-)

Ingo.

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »

Hey Ingo,

Well, it sure was an interesting season. The matchup is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers. These are definately 2 of the best teams and it should be a great game. The Packers are slightly favored to win the game. Don't forget about the greatest commercials to be seen during the game. Hope things are good in Germany.

Cheers,

DrShark

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 02:16:59 AM »

Thanks! Yes, everything is fine, here. Except: We don't see the great US-commercials, here. :-(

Ingo.

Grardo

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »

There are 10 teams that have been to the Super Bowl (in years shown) and lost each time:

Minnesota Vikings (0-4) 1970, 1974, 1975, 1977
Buffalo Bills (0-4) consecutively 1991-1994
Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) 1982, 1989
Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) 1981, 2005
San Diego Chargers (0-1) 1995
Atlanta Falcons (0-1) 1999
Tennessee Titans (0-1) 2000
Carolina Panthers (0-1) 2004
Seattle Seahawks (0-1) 2006
Arizona Cardinals (0-1) 2009

There are 4 Teams that have never played in a Super Bowl :

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

i think the only two teams on here, Atlanta and Philly, are the only teams that have a shot at getting off this list for at least a while.

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »

Hey Ingo,

Couldn't help responding to this older post, as we are coming up again to the Superbowl.  Being a New England Patriots fan, I am hoping we get to the big game once again. I have been a season ticket holder since 1992, and have gone to all the playoff games at our home field, but have not had the luxury of going to a Superbowl game, other than one, 1996, Patriots vs Green Bay Packers...um, not a good ending for our team I'm afraid!

Right now, the Patriots will play the Baltimore Ravens for the AFC, and the NY Giants play the SF 49'ers for the NFC. I'm fairly confident the Patriots will win their AFC game; the NFC is a toss up I think, however there are NO perfect teams here, all have flaws that could do them in, even my boys! I predict though, a rematch from 2007.... NY Giants vs NE Patriots. Except this time there will be no miracle "helmet" catch, and the Patriots will prevail!  Ah yes, revenge against Baltimore for ousting us so unceremoniously in 2009, and against the Giants for that dastardly 2007 SB loss! It just doesn't get any better, lol!

Cheers,
Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up