Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New online interview at Sonikmatter  (Read 2736 times)

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
New online interview at Sonikmatter
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:33 PM »

Hey everybody!
It's been a busy couple of weeks for media postings around here.
There's a new one up now @ http://sonikmatter.com/
Long in-depth interview, lots of rare photos, too much fun.
Enjoy! 8)
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: New online interview at Sonikmatter
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »

Well done Inspector 109 !!! I remember sharing some of those stories with you when we met. It seems like yesterday. I am hoping that it gives you more exposure, sales, and happiness.

YOU ROCK !!!!

MG
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

timecutter

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »

Great interview!  Congrats!

Mark

Badger

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »

I hope everyone enjoys the interview.

Our original intention was to find out more about Zendrum and let some of the folks at Sonikmatter (and elsewhere) know what we found out. Bonnie and I have been aware of the company for years and always thought the idea of the Zendrum was intriguing. Though prior to the interview we had discussed the possibility of purchasing Zens, it was not a foregone conclusion. We had to play them first. In the end, we weren't just satisfied with how they play... we were thrilled! Of course, Bonnie ordered hers right on the spot. The only reason I took a couple of days was because I agonized over whether I wanted a ZX or an LT.

It was a real pleasure to meet David. Not only because it made for such a fun afternoon (he really is a very nice and funny guy), but actually getting to know one of the folks involved in making my LT does add something special to it. It feels even more custom-built. I hope to meet Kim and Gina someday. I have no doubt they are as nice as 109 is.

So, though we originally only wanted to know more about Zendrum and see what the instruments play like, we have become customers/fans/advocates and hope the interview helps sell more instruments. These guys have nailed it and deserve all the success that comes their way.

Jeff Barnett

BTW, I'm impressed with how accurate the picture is that David (?) took of my LT. While it can't show the almost 3D look of the grain, it really does show how beautiful the grain and color are. And, as you all know, it plays even better than it looks. I'm a very happy Zendrummer!

jeff sanders

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »

cheers 2 zendrum

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »

GREAT interview !
Congrats Zendrum to all your hard work.
Thanks to the authors for good writing.

and to all the zendrummers........
GET THE WORD OUT YOU BUCKETHEADS  ;D

Cheers,
Steve

Tom Roady

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 11:32:11 PM »

Great interview Dave....ya done good!!!!!    and to everyone on here....that is the "REAL INSPECTOR 109"!!! even getting bleeped out!!!!! hahaha I miss the laughs with you and Kim.....tr  "the mayor"

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 07:15:23 AM »

Hi David,
Excellent interview and some more gorgeous Zendrum photos.

Best wishes to everyone
Michael

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »

This article is a keeper.  And I thought I knew a lot about the Zen history!  Recommend you post the article link on the main Zendrum site.
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

Badger

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »

If we really want to incite a riot, maybe we'll interview 109 about politics after the elections. I don't know his politics, but I bet it would be entertaining!

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up