Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not a drum it's NeKo  (Read 6019 times)

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Not a drum it's NeKo
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:22:11 AM »

Not a drum but still pretty cool if you have not seen the Open Labs NeKo yet you need to.¬  A 6k slice of digital instrument of the future cool stuff a PC, DAW, instrument etc. etc. etc¬  :o

http://www.openlabs.com/products/product_info-nekoseries.htm#
Proud owner of a Maple laptop

jeff sanders

Re: Not a drum it's NeKo
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:08:55 PM »

thats 1 awesome piece of gear!  windows OS environment is less than reassuring for my taste though. thanks for sharing
hope youre surviving the heat,  keep cool.  :)
jeff

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »

It's $6K...
Play nice.

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 01:33:12 PM »

I had heard about this in February or March and thought it sounded cool but 6 thousand dollars :o  I finally saw a beta or early model it was totally cool but for over 6 grand man it should have wheels on it!   I know I'm getting old but thats more than my first car cost.  they advertise that if you start figuring out all the things it can do it's a real bargain since it's a PC, a Keyboard, a DAW,  all of your insert gear and effects plus video controls they say it can replace well over ten thousand in equipment but Gulp a 6k keyboard is still steep. But who knows prices come down competition starts to happen I'd take one. 8)
Proud owner of a Maple laptop

funky_d

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:16 PM »

$6000 and it's not even a Macintosh. What were these people thinking. I am always a bit wary of anything that has to operate on windows. I still firmly believe that Bill Gates is the antichrist. It does look like it would be tons of fun however. Too bad I ain't rich!!! Does anyone know if they plan on including a Mac based system in the future?

FunKyD

jeff sanders

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »

i would guess intergrated would knock latency issues down. korg oasis 88 keys is like 8k  crazy.  look for the next generation of intergrateds to start 2k less with a streamlined interface. 2-3 years is a while to wait for generation 2 but my low budget makes me a nonimpulse purchaser by default.

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »

The musical instrument manufacturers seem to be pricing stuff right out of reach for most musicians. Too bad for the kids just starting out too.

Steve

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:31:46 AM »

I own the Open Labs Sound Slate and it was a little pricey but it works flawlessly. I cannot say that about my PC, which I spent hours and money to get it to work. The computer that Mr. Haney has developed is a good option or you can get a MacBook Pro that I priced out at $2700.00.

DrShark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on
Pages: [1]   Go Up