Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: And your Zendrum set-up consists of...  (Read 18788 times)

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: And your Zendrum set-up consists of...
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »

I kind of have the same problem. I found that when I take the headphone out of the computer it seems like there is not enough signal without a Preamp. I think the solution would be a Motu Ultralite but, I do not want to go buy that without first seeing if someone in the tribe is using it successfully. Any input would be appreciated Thumper
Thumper

flyinghelmets

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »

My first post!

Mahogany Zendrum LT -> Mbox 2 -> Macbook Pro -> Ableton Live -> Superior Drummer

Bass Drum: Axis Longboards AL-2 -> Pintech kick pad

Hi-Hat: Hart Dynamics Hi-Hat Pedal -> Trigger IO -> Midi Merger

Accessories: Launchpad (trigger clips while playing)

This setup allows me to play virtually anything I can on an acoustic kit. Currently trying to polish up the drums on Hell's Kitchen by Dream Theater. Next step, Mother and Child Divided by Porcupine Tree. I'm obsessed.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »

Welcome to the Tribe!  Please pardon our spam  ::)
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

tigerxchaos

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »

Thumper and Slingsman,
A lot of people do simply run a cable from their headphone out to an amp/PA, from what I've read. Personally, I don't like this setup myself...sure, it's more convenient, but if the cord gets bumped or moved, a lot of headphone ports can end up causing crackling and so on. I think this might happen due to dirt/debris that can collect inside the port, but that's a complete guess on my part. It's also a very slender and not robust connector, so if it is jostled while things are going on up on stage, you could end up with damage to your laptop, or a broken cable.

I recommend an audio interface. They'll have more output options, higher quality sound , and you have the added benefit of being able to run lower latency and true ASIO while taking some of the processing burden off the computer's CPU. I use an E-MU 0404 USB 2.0, but I can't really recommend this one as it's given me lots of problems with MIDI not going through to the computer, as well as with the sound card getting "stuck" open so it can't be used in other programs. Very frustrating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up